Gecina launches “The Urban”, its new podcast on urban lifestyles and tomorrow’s city
To share its key stakes, Gecina is continuing to move into podcast media with the launch of “The Urban”, a series of groundbreaking talk shows on urban lifestyles and tomorrow’s city.
What could be done to interest stakeholders, clients, employees, influencers in the issues that are central to Gecina’s strategic way of thinking today? To answer this question, Gecina has chosen to develop its own podcast, a popular and demanding format.
The Urban invites listeners to get to the heart of cross-cutting issues, some of which look beyond Gecina’s economic rationale.
Four talk shows engaging dialogue and building a close relationship
This year, Gecina has chosen to create its podcasts based on a radio talk show format, lasting 25 to 35 minutes, inviting leading external guests and stakeholders from within Gecina. Renowned climatologists, business leaders, investors, architects and experts are brought together around four core themes: forms of mobility, office real estate, proptech and the global phenomenon of metropolitanization.
The conversations are moderated by the journalists Marie Misset (presenter of the “Vieille Branche” podcast produced by Nouvelles Ecoutes) and Marjorie Paillon (presenter of Tech 24 on France24).
Episode #1 “Extending the field of mobility” (in French) with:
- Joël Hazan, Partner, Managing Director and researcher with the Bruce Henderson Institute, the Boston Consulting Group’s (BCG) strategic think-tank
- Anne de Bagneux, Director of Strategy and Transformation with the Transdev group
- Sabine Desnault, Gecina’s Executive Director R&D, Innovation and CSR.
Episode #2 “My office and I, and you and us" (in French) with:
- Julien Eymeri, co-founder of Quartier Libre
- Sylvain Fortier, Chief Investment and Innovation Officer at Ivanhoé Cambridge, Director of Gecina
- Valérie Britay, Gecina’s Executive Director Offices
Episode #3 “’PropTech’ you said?” (in English) with:
- Brendan Wallace, co-founder and Managing Partner of Fifth Wall
- Stéphane Villecroze, Managing Partner and founder of Demeter Partners
- Thibault Ancely, Gecina’s Executive Director, Investment & Development
Episode #4 “Climate change and Inclusiveness at the age of Metropolitanization” (in English) with:
- Carlo Ratti, Director of MIT’s Senseable City Lab
- Jean Jouzel, Climatologist and Nobel Laureate with the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC)
- Méka Brunel, Gecina’s CEO
The Urban, following on from the deployment of YouFirst
“Gecina launched its relationship brand YouFirst, focused on the needs of urbanites, in 2018. Creating “The Urban” means creating a media that connects us to YouFirst’s natural audience. The quality of the exchanges and reflections made possible by the podcast, guided by the voices of our presenters and guests, develops a proximity that must become increasingly central to our relationship with our customers and stakeholders”, explains Julien Landfried, Executive Director Communications and Public Affairs.
This communications initiative is being rolled out with the Ausha solution, distributing it across all listening platforms. “The Urban” will also be the first native business podcast announced with a campaign for listeners of two new reference podcasts: “La Story” by Les Echos and “Code Source” by Le Parisien.
Journalists: Marie Misset and Marjorie Paillon
Consulting and coordination: Havas Paris
To safeguard its communications, Gecina certifies its contents with Wiztrust. You can check their authenticity at www.wiztrust.com.